|Once again, you'll have to excuse the lighting|
1 pound ground beef or turkey (I use turkey)
1 packet taco seasoning
1/4 cup(ish) taco sauce, optional
1 can refried beans (I use reduced-fat or fat-free)
2 cans refrigerated crescent rolls (16 rolls total, I use reduced-fat)
1-1/2 to 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
Salsa, for topping, optional
Sour cream, for topping, optional
Preheat oven according to crescent roll package. Brown meat and drain. Add taco seasoning and add a little water. Cook on low for a few minutes. Mix in taco sauce until desired consistency (I guessed on the amount, I just add until I think it's enough). Add refried beans, mix well. Cook on low for a few more minutes.
This recipe is so versatile. Experiment with making the recipe more spicy if you like that sort of thing. Use a different kind of meat, try various toppings, the options are endless! You can also arrange the crescent rolls in the shape of a wreath or braid, which I will try to show sometime. This recipe can also easily be halved (is that a word?) to serve less people!
- Preparation: 5
- Cook the meat, fill the rolls and bake!
- Taste: 5
- Definitely at the top of my favorites list. Without-a-doubt delicious!
- Cost: 5
- This is a top-rated recipe for the budget, makes great leftovers too!
- Clean-up: 5
- Anthill of dishes, skillet and a stone
- As I am sure you have noticed, I really like this recipe. It's nothing fancy, I suppose you may not be that impressed (though I would cry). But we love it! Oh-so-simple, oh-so-delicious, if you're human at all you will like it too! And just a little tidbit here, I love my Pampered Chef round stone! Check it out here!