|Oh yes, see all that starch?? Embrace it!|
Herbed Breaded Chicken
1/2 cup low-fat buttermilk
2 tsp dijon mustard
1/4 tsp salt
1/8 tsp pepper
4 (4 oz) boneless chicken breasts
1 cup bread crumbs
3 T fresh parsley, chopped
2 T parmesan cheese, grated
1 tsp paprika
1 tsp dried basil
1/2 tsp dried tarragon
1/2 tsp dried thyme
2 T butter, melted
Combine first 4 ingredients. Mix well and add chicken. Turn chicken to coat. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate 15 minutes.
Preheat oven to 375. Line a baking sheet with foil and spray with cooking spray.
Combine remaining ingredients and mix well. Dredge chicken in bread crumb mixture, pat crumbs to adhere. Place on prepared baking sheet. Discard marinade. Bake about 35 minutes, until chicken is cooked through.
|Crumb mixture, with my homemade bread crumbs again|
Nutrition Facts: 300 calories, 20 g carbohydrates, 32 g protein, 546 mg sodium, 7 g fat, 85 mg cholesterol
- Preparation: 4
- This recipe takes about 1 hour start to finish.
- Taste: 5
- This is really delicious! I love the herbs and the chicken is very moist.
- Cost: 5
- This is definitely a cost-efficient meal. We even got the chicken on sale for $1.77/pound!
- Clean-up: 5
- The clean-up is super easy on this one too. One pan to wash, and it was covered with foil... so you could be sneaky like me and not even wash it... don't tell!
- I used dried parsley instead of fresh. 3 T fresh = 3 tsp dried.
- I used my Smart Balance spread instead of real butter, works the same and it's a bit healthier.
- Feel free to experiment with the herbs you have in your pantry!
- I've said it several times and I suppose I'll say it again...this is delicious! It's really easy to make and it is guaranteed to be delightful. It has good presentation too, (except in my dark picture) so it's great for company. Serve it with some roasted potatoes and you are in for a treat!