Fresh Strawberry Lemonade
Prep: 10-15 minutes
Yield: 2.5-3 quarts
1 cup white sugar
8 ounces strawberries, hulled
1 cup fresh lemon juice (8-9 small/medium lemons)
1. Combine the sugar and 1 cup water in a small saucepan. Cook over medium heat until the sugar is dissolved, stirring occassionally. Place in the fridge to cool. This is called a simple syrup.
2. Meanwhile, prepare the strawberries. Puree the strawberries in a blender with 1/2 cup water. Squeeze the lemon juice.
3. In a large pitcher, combine the cooled simple syrup, stawberry puree, and lemon juice. Add 4-6 cups of cold water, depending on your taste preference. I used 5 cups of cold water.
4. Serve and enjoy!
Click here to print this recipe
Recipe adapted from my baking addiction
- Preparation: 5
- Simple and quick
- Taste: 4.5
- Just a point docked for the seeds. But the taste is amazing!
- Cost: 5
- Clean-up: 4
- I can't wait to try other fruit; raspberries, peaches, and even watermelon!
- This is so much better than that powdered drink mix, give it a try!