Saturday, September 25, 2010

I Love Cookbooks

There are hundreds of cookbooks out there, how can I ever choose just one? Well, I haven't been able to that, which is why I have many cookbooks. But I value and use them all quite frequently. Among my favorites are Taste of Home, Farmer's Almanac Everyday Cookbook, Fast-fix One Dish Meals, Pampered Chef All the Best, and Crock Pot Best-Loved Slow Cooker Recipes.

Recently, I have become a huge fan of Taste of Home. I received their Cooks Who Care edition cookbook as a wedding gift and have quickly fallen in love with it. It really is an all-in-one cookbook, with recipes for every occassion, budget, skill, and time frame. It is full of cooking techniques, tips, food storage information, and photographs. One of the best things about Taste of Home is that they have recipes from people all around the country. I love to read the little stories about the recipes and their family traditions. I have the Taste of Home Baking cookbook on my Christmas wishlist.

I must admit that I have a slight obsession with cookbooks and recipes. With the Taste of Home cookbook, there was a free year-long subscription that I just mailed today. I was so excited when I saw that! Their magazine is great too. Take me to a bookstore and I will be content in the cookbook section for hours. I'll just sit on the floor and try to remember as many recipes as I can so that I can make them later. I love to cook and I love to collect as many recipes as possible! I have to practice self-restraint when browsing the cookbook section, I would love to buy many of them!

No comments:

Post a Comment